Other People's Books

I've been re-reading Left To Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza. I read it the first time very quickly more than a year ago (I couldn't put it down), and I needed to go through it again.

It's a book everyone interested in Rwanda, faith, God, hope ... should have on their shelves.

But I borrowed it this time from the library! I can't remember if I have purchased this book already, but it's not in the house. I love sharing books. So, to restate, books about such topics should NOT remain on shelves, they should be shared and read and re-read.

On page 190, near the end of the book Imaculee is recounting her God-destined journey to finding a job after the genocide, after she lost almost all of her family, after she survived the war, crouched in a tiny bathroom with several other women for three months ... there was a pencil underline on three statements on this page, marked by someone else ...

I envisioned it, I prayed for it, and now I had it! (her job)

I was living proof of the power of prayer and postitive thinking, which really are almost the same thing.

God is the source of all positive energy, and prayer is the best way to tap in to His power.

God has given me a dream that I can envision and am praying for. It is a vision of having Alain's parents in the audience when he graduates from Oklahoma Christian University. Can you just imagine? Sending your amazing son off to America, trusting in the value of the education he would get in a place called Oklahoma, and trusting in God's plan for him, that he would be safe and looked after? How they miss him. How proud they are of him. His school marks are excellent. He's a leader. He is one of the kindest, most amazing young men we know. His future is bright!

We have two years to plan, save and make it happen. Any ideas on fund-raising?

1 comments:

  1. This book was LIFE CHANGING for me, it is a re-reader for sure! Thanks for reminding me!