Parental Discretion is Advised

I feel I should warn, since I've been blathering on about John Adams. The last episode reunites Abigail and John after their three year separation. She joins him in Paris while she's been back on the farm, and enduring the war. Their initial greeting, after this absence, was sweet but a little distant. No embrace. No tears. Just joy. Hmmm. Okay. Those were modest times!

Then they went to the privacy of their chamber.

Parental discretion is advised.

I had begged the kids to come downstairs and watch the show with Mom & Dad, but they ignored me. For once, I was glad!

Steamy.

Had the kids been watching, I can just imagine the comments we'd be making. "Kids, look at that bird out the window." ... or "Let's go pop some corn."

I know I would have said ... AT LEAST THEY'RE MARRIED.

Couldn't help but wonder what the high school students watching it in history classes thought.

HBO.

0 comments: