New feature

I just discovered something that made me irritated and happy at the same time. A new (to me) feature on my iMovie software.

I discovered this today while burning a dvd in hopes of handing it personally to Todd Agnew today!

He's doing a concert and autographs at Mardel in Norman and we're going!

The kids like him (except for Grant who is staying home with Dad), and so do I.

I especially have been a big fan since his label gave me permission to use his song, My Jesus, in a video for Cross & Crown. For free. How awesome.

So, I'm burning the video, in case he wants to see it. In case. I know he probably gets a dozen of these or more at every stop, but God will do with it what he wants. I will say that I love watching the images of God's children at the mission under the bed of a song that says

"Blessed are the poor in spirit
Or do we pray to be blessed with the wealth of this land
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness
Or do we ache for another taste of this world of shifting sand

Cause my Jesus bled and died for my sins
He spent His time with thieves and sluts and liars
He loved the poor and accosted the rich
So which one do you want to be?"

Not that everyone at the mission are thives and sluts and liars. No. No. But there's a point there to be made. On some level, ALL of us are one (or more) of those.

Back to the discovery. While choosing the opening graphic for the DVD (what shows on screen before you start your video), I clicked a menu option and lo and behold ... the button I selected (where you would click to start video) puts the video in a tiny square, so the whole video plays on that screen in a tiny square until you start the movie.

Doh. That would have come in very handy during VBS when I was trying to quickly scroll down to a certain song in the music room, and was trying to see over a sea of 100 kids (or I could have had a monitor).

Cool.

I'm guessing the next post might feature pictures of the My Jesus guy. :-) We've never done the bookstore artist concert thing. We're gearing up not to get frustrated with crowds and waits and elbows and just have fun.

0 comments: